2. There will be restricted movement of people in the hours leading to, and during the March 28th Presidential elections and April 11th Gubernatorial elections. Thus, we are advised to observe and comply with these directives for our personal safety
3. We are advised to adequately stock our homes with required food items during the election period, in case of emergencies, imposed curfews or other threats that may arise after the elections
4. If you are registered to vote and have your Permanent Voters Card, you are advised to go early to the Polling Centers, get accredited, cast your votes and leave the vicinity immediately for your homes to await the results
6. Begin now to gather information about your environment and feel the pulse around your intended voting center. Study your polling unit, and if it’s packed with miscreants, thugs and unknown faces, steer clear; remember that your life matters more than the vote
7. Dress responsibly and avoid adorning any political attire, party logos etc. to prevent mistaken identity and possible victimization. Please remember that no campaign is allowed during elections. Avoid wearing politically branded T shirts, caps or bearing handbills, posters, pamphlets and banners of candidates. This can pose as a risk.
8. Avoid joining in on inciting discussions at the voting center which may be capable of fanning the embers of political discord amongst the political parties and their agents
9. Stay away from parked cars and abandoned packages, luggage etc.
10. Do not buy drinks, snacks, etc. around polling centers, nor should you share/receive consumables or gifts from anyone at the polling centers. If you sense danger or suspect any foul play, report to the approved Security Agents. Don’t take the law into your own hands!
11. Avoid taking your vehicle, kids or expensive jewelries and other personal belongings to the polling centers
12. As part of security arrangements, church halls should be vacated after every church service within 1 hour. Brethren should not be allowed to hang or cluster around the church hall or entrances after services or programs
13. Vehicles should not be allowed to park close to the entrances of the church facilities for pick up or drop off
You are encouraged to be extra-vigilant and law-abiding during this period.